Le Forum des candidats à l'Isat Index du Forum
Le Forum des candidats à l'Isat
Ce forum a pour but d'informer, de mettre en relation, d'aider les nouveaux candidats et/ou reçus à l'ISAT.

Le Forum des candidats à l'Isat Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

:: and having run in them only once ::

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Forum des candidats à l'Isat Index du Forum -> Le Forum des candidats à l'Isat -> Accueil
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Labi1995

Féminin

MessagePosté le: Mar 16 Oct - 04:54 (2018)    Sujet du message: and having run in them only once Répondre en citant

There are a few things that make me hesitant to wear the Montrail FluidFlex for a 100 mile race, although I haven’t ruled it out yet.  First, the minimal upper doesn’t wrap my foot tight enough. The asymmetrical lacing system is very comfortable, but I just can’t get it tight enough to prevent my toes from hitting against the front of the shoe on long descents. I do have a low volume forefoot and have had this problem in many shoes. I don’t think this will be an issue for most people.  The other issue, which is very easily fixed, is the laces. They are terrible. They’re way too long and do not stay tied. At all. Especially when wet. I have reverted to Adidas Tubular Womens tucking them into the front and then tying them again to keep them from coming undone.  No biggie. Just replace them. So, did Montrail Nike Air Max Zero Womens come up with my dream trail shoe?  Close, damn close!  If I could just get a tad wider toebox (or maybe just a slightly different shape, more like the Altras) and get the upper to fit tighter around my forefoot it would be perfect. They feel like running on a cloud. Those of you looking for a more minimal Hoka with a much better upper will be very excited – they have that same running on a cloud feeling without all the bulk and excess squish.  I have these as well. I love the fit feel and ride. I do admit though I wish the toe box was a little wider or more foot shaped. Hopefully they will do this on the next model. If they do this Montrail definitely will have a shoe that will beat out any other trail Nike Air Max 90 Mens running shoe. It is also great on pavement. Montrail griptonite rubber is purely awesome on all surfaces. The more you run in them the better they feel. Also the measurements Montrail claims as 15mm in heel and 11mm in forefoot is Nike Air Force 1 Dame definitely not correct. They are more in the ballpark of what runners warehouse claims. If they were as low as Montrail claims they would be in the ballpark of New Balance MT-10 which they are not in thickness. Anyways great shoe so far!It’s good to see more and more shoe companies come up with low/zero drop shoes with some level of cushioning/protection, which is where my sweet spot seems to be. Simply due to the fact that not having adequate protection slows me down on technical trails with pointy rocks, which is what I use this kind of shoe for. I’m currently using the Inov-8 Roclite 243 and the Altra Nike Roshe Run Femme Superior for that kind of trail. This Montrail looks promising, Adidas EQT Support ADV Womens altough the stack height might be a bit more than what I’m looking for. Now fingers crossed next year’s models will all be zero droI got a pair of these in March, and I’ve really been loving them. I’ve enjoyed previous lightweight Montrail shoes (Rogue Runner, Rogue Racer) but the forefoot protection in these felt too thin to run comfortably on rough trails. I also didn’t like the Adidas Gazelle Womens traditional heel-to-toe drop in these shoes.The FluidFlex addresses both of these criticisms. The forefoot is thicker and squishier (which I like: YMMV), and the heel-to-toe drop is slight. I loved the feel of them immediately, and having run in them only once, I felt happy to race a 50k in them.I’ve now run in the FluidFlex something like 50 times, including three ultra races. My only criticism of the FluidFlex is that www.ramonurbanolibros.es they seem to stretch a lot. I don’t know if this stretch is from the upper or the sole. Nike Air Max Command Dame But it is very noticeable. So I would definitely follow Nate’s advice and downsize. Buy them snug!

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 16 Oct - 04:54 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Forum des candidats à l'Isat Index du Forum -> Le Forum des candidats à l'Isat -> Accueil Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | creer un forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
WorkStation[fusion] © theme by larme d'ange 2006